199 Saint James Drive
Overview: 4 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, 3873 sq. ft., and 2-car garage
Set on a corner lot enveloped in statuesque oaks, redwoods, and Japanese maples is this wonderful, large-scale 1941 Piedmont home. With its exquisitely manicured front and backyard landscaping, the setting truly is spectacular—as is the classically elegant taupe façade, white trimmed windows, and ceramic tile roof. A special home indeed!
- Refinished glimmering hardwood floors run throughout the grand foyer and the main-level living
- Remodeled contemporary kitchen marries white quartz counters, white cabinets, and a white subway tile backsplash. Equipped with a huge island, high-end stainless appliances, a wine fridge, cabinet-paneled fridge, and a warming drawer. With its eat-in dining area, this kitchen is perfect for entertaining and family gatherings
- Casual family room with nature views directly off the kitchen
- Large formal dining room with large windows drawing light and framing the gardens outside—envision grand, effervescent holiday gatherings
- Step-down living room with fireplace; easy access to outdoor patio with majestic view of Bay
- Private backyard deck with multiple seating areas leading to a large stone patio surrounded by majestic oaks, perfect for indoor-outdoor dining, tranquility, or play.
- Lovely remodeled navy half bath on the main level
- Four large bedrooms and three baths upstairs, including an en suite bedroom and exceptional master suite with his and her walk-in closets, updated bathroom, and a private deck boasting pristine views of the green hillsides
- Lower level with gracious office (staged as fifth bedroom), bonus media room, wet bar, storage, and full bath
- Level in attached two car garage with mudroom entrance. Additional parking in circular drive area
199 St. James Drive is in the epicenter of top-notch Piedmont schools and all the amenities, boutiques, cafes, and salons one could need in nearby Montclair Village and Glenview shopping areas. Commutes are quick with easy access to Highway 13 and Interstate 580. This is an established property and an exceptional opportunity.